Summer is the perfect time to pack a picnic basket and head to the park or beach for some great family time! Libby’s Fruits and Vegetables were kind enough to send us this adorable Insulated Picnic Basket and Picnic Blanket Tote, as well as fruits and vegetables to make a yummy recipe to pack up!
Makes 2 ¼ cups
1 (15 ounce) cans Libby’s® Sliced Carrots drained and rinsed
1 (15 ounce) can Libby’s® Organic Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
2 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 small lemon)
2 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon smoked paprika (or curry powder) ½ teaspoon cumin
1/8 teaspoon black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1. In a food processor, blend together carrots, garbanzo beans, lemon juice, garlic cloves, paprika, cumin and pepper. While processor is running, slowly pour in olive oil. Process until smooth.
2. To make a sandwich, spread 2 tablespoons of carrot hummus on one slice of whole grain bread of your choice. Top with avocado, tomato, turkey or your favorite sandwich fillings. Top with another piece of whole grain bread.
It’s time for you to pack up your OWN picnic basket this summer and enjoy some time outside with the family!
1. Leave a comment here letting me know why you would like to win.
2. Visit Mommy Mentor on Facebook and leave a comment letting me know where you would go on a picnic. Leave a comment here letting me know you did this. (I would greatly appreciate a “Like” too if you are up for it. J)
3. Like @LibbysTable on Twitter and leave a comment here letting me know you did this.
Disclosure: I received a picnic set and ingredients to make this recipe for review. These thoughts are my own as they always are.